Gentle Chiropractic, Network Spinal Analysis AND Pregnancy
As a woman, you were born to experience the wonderful process of pregnancy and childbirth and you are doing it — congratulations! Throughout pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum your body undergoes many changes. Hormone levels change, tissues grow and shrink, and bones and joints shift. Your wellness strategies must evolve to support your body’s physical and emotional changes. Chiropractic care quickens and enhances overall recovery and rehabilitation during the postpartum stage.
Chiropractic care during pregnancy can result in a multitude of positive changes:
• Chiropractic can help to build strategies for rapid changes in the body, create balance in the pelvis and spine, control nausea and help with proper positioning of the baby
• Chiropractic can keep tissues and pelvic bio-mechanics functioning optimally to minimize complications during birth
• 84% of women report relief of back pain during pregnancy with Chiropractic care.
• In one study, women receiving Chiropractic care through their first pregnancy had 24% shorter labor times than the group not receiving Chiropractic, and women having one or more children reported 39% shorter labor times.
Postpartum Chiropractic care has been reported to:
• Increase adaptation to pregnancy, postpartum and life stress events
• Dissipate tension from the neck, shoulders, pelvis and other muscles most commonly stressed during pregnancy, postpartum, and lactation
• Quicken and enhance overall recovery and rehabilitation.
• Lessen postpartum depression
• Increase self-awareness enabling healthier choices for mother and baby
Dr. Wendy is certified in The Webster Technique this addresses misalignments in the pelvis of pregnant women, as well as ligamentous soft tissue work with the uterus, to enable an optimal environment for fetal positioning.
From the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA):
The ICPA recognizes that in a theoretical and clinical framework of the Webster Technique in the care of pregnant women, sacral subluxation may contribute to difficult labor for the mother (i.e., dystocia). Dystocia is caused by inadequate uterine function, pelvic contraction, and baby mal-presentation. The correction of sacral subluxation may have a positive effect on all of these causes of dystocia. In this clinical and theoretical framework, it is proposed that sacral misalignment may contribute to these three primary causes of dystocia via uterine nerve interference, pelvic misalignment and the tightening and torsion of specific pelvic muscles and ligaments. The resulting tense muscles and ligaments and their aberrant effect on the uterus may prevent the baby from comfortably assuming the best possible position for birth.
Dr. Wendy Morris was raised knowing pregnancy and birth are a wellness process. With her life experience and Chiropractic training she has merged two of her passions to create a powerful wellness program. Developing, carrying and birthing your child will be one of your body’s greatest achievements. This natural birth process can unfold with more grace and ease as you employ chiropractic and network care.
Network Spinal Analysis and Pediatrics
Chiropractic care for children offers your family a solid foundation for wellness. A major component of health and wellness is the communication between your child’s brain and body. This vital link controls the growth, repair, and function of every tissue and organ. The spinal cord sends messages from the brain “throughout the body via billions of nerves. Interference (nerve pressure or subluxation) places the body in a state of disharmony. Chiropractors detect and correct this interference. Parents of children who receive regular chiropractic care often report that their kids seem healthier than other children and that they get fewer colds and other childhood diseases.
Chiropractic care has been known to help children with:
The ICPA has initiated a ground breaking study on the safety and effectiveness of chiropractic care for children. The preliminary results are outstanding and show that chiropractic care is safe for children. Even more significant is that parents reported three unexpected improvements with their child’s care:
At Soulshine we specialize in a very light force approach for children.
Still have questions? Dr. Wendy is available for complementary phone consultations.